Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Morning reflections

Beautiful sunshine today.  We get off to a late start each morning.  I guess our host and hostess wonder why we are hear hanging around each day.  She like to make the beds and clean up.  Everyone else went off to see the various sights and the leaves.

We are staying in an old wooden house (built about 1860).  We are almost across the street from the Somerset County Court House.  The house is decorated in antiques.  We have a nice room with private bath.  The bath is down a small hallway, but that is no problem as there aren't many people here.  Except at breakfast we hardly see anyone.  The bathroom is huge, almost the size of our room.  They gave it to us, as we are staying here for longer than most.  Others seem to come for a day or two, particularly over the weekend.

I'm hoping we'll be able to stay as long as we had planned, as my tooth that I had fixed up (temporarilyI) the afternoon before we came here, has started acting up.  But we shall see.  I'm not sure if the Obama youth understand the efforts we senior citizens make just to do our thing.  

More notes re yesterday:

I remember at one house in Jerome the young woman answered the door.  She was very polite, but said she was very busy (I suspected there might be a little baby upstairs).  She said she had no time to do her research, so was still undecided.  Despite all the jokes made about people being undecided, I think there are indeed folks whose lives do not revolve around reading the paper, watching the news, and searching the Internet.  They are busy every moment just taking care of their families and their jobs.  When I told the young woman that I had some information in the car, she expressed interest in reading it, as she just has not had the time.  So I gave her one of the fact sheets which compare the 2 candidates on women's issues and taxes, as well as a simple brochure on Obama.  This is only one person, but it is the one-person-counts attitude that has made this campaign so successful (cross our fingers).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stories. Keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy,
These really are great stories, perhaps you will have enough for your 2nd set of short stories.
Your writing is so descriptive - great visuals. Keep up the great work and thanks for taking me along!
donna

Anonymous said...

One more thing, I love the mystery about your B&B host. Perhaps you can sneak a photo of her.
donna