Saturday, October 25, 2008

Friday's canvassing

We went back to Republican Davidsville to canvass again.  On the way into Davidsville at a junction there were a lot of McCain and other Republican signs.  So we pulled over and Redjeb jumped out of the car and planted an Obama sign right in the midst of them.  Not sure how long that will last.

In town found a mix of Obama and McCain people, but what has been bothering me are the Democrats who don't want to vote for Obama.  As one said:  "I wish he'd of changed his name to Henry."  A couple laughing and giggling said that they thought Palin was "hot".  I reminded them about how people liked Bush because they thought he'd be good to have a drink with and look what we got.  

Others, sounding serious, said they didn't like either candidate, and one said he was going to flip a coin when he was inside the voting booth.  I tried to tell people that we needed a straight Democratic ticket or the Republican President would force Congress to water down anything good or would veto Democratic initiatives.  I was a little heartened when  I heard one woman say she'd never thought of it that way.

Davidsville, and particularly the new developments right outside, are so perfect that they remind me of the town in the movie The Stepford Wives.

No comments: