Saturday, October 25, 2008

Governor Rendell

Pennsylvania Governor Rendell is in town (Somerset).  We just came back from a rally in the VFW hall.  He is a good speaker.  The only thing that we didn't quite like (or agree with) is that he made some comment about the US being the only country in the world with Social Security or something like that.  The rest of his speech was so perfect that he must have misspoke or we misheard.

There were about 5 blacks there.  They are not interested in volunteering.  One woman said she would be afraid to knock on doors:  "This is Somerset County," she said.  Turns out that she is also a registered Republican (why I can't imagine), but she is voting for Obama.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera for the rally, so Redjeb was using my cell phone to take photos, but the phone went dead just before Rendell spoke.  Oh, well.
We're off again to Meyersdale in the southern part of the county, near Maryland.

Is a gray rainy day today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just read your Fri. and Sat. blogs and I was amazed that your football team is still allowed to use an "Indian" name. Lief Anne's school had to change their football team's name because "Indians" was not PC. I personally like the name Indians and think it is a complement, meaning tough exciting, etc. I will be anxious to hear just how effective you think you were and if you end up feeling positive about your efforts. David and I both think it sounds like you did as good a job as humanly possible. Just talked to my mom in Santa Fe. Obama, Hilary and McCain are all in New Mexico. She said all of New Mexico is wired and the restaurants are staying open later and all sorts of event are being planned. I saw McCain speaking on CNN. It infuriates me how he keeps repeating the lies about Obama saying he will tax EVERYONE more, including people making 40,000 per year. I wish his nose would grow longer every time he tells a lie. When will you be home Sunday? Got your mail again. David has made a big batch of Chicken Marengo. Do you want to join us for dinner Sun. night? I know Redjeb doesn't love chicken, but we can have some other things with it. Have a good trip.
Jeanie & DAvid