Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mission Accomplished sort of

Here it is the day after election day. I am writing this from New York City.

I've just checked the results and am pleased to say my birth state of Pennsylvania went for Obama in a big way. Somerset County, where I grew up and volunteered for Obama, went for the other guys. Tough nuts those folks back there. But at least whatever voters we managed to influence or encourage, their votes got counted in the state's overall state pool.

(Note. Cambria County, where I was actually born in the Memorial Hospital in Johnstown, went Democratic, I am happy to say.)

Rep. Murtha won, not by his usual large margin, but at least he won. It was touch and go after he called Western Penna "racist" and the people "rednecks."

Thanks to Lisa, our Obama Field Organizer back there in Somerset, and all her volunteers. Such energy and dedication. It was well worth it to go back and try to help out. Maybe next Presidential election again....

No comments: